Free background from VintageMadeForYou

30 November 2019

Review: Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President

Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just love Non-fiction books that grab you and keep your attention like a fiction book. This book read just like it was historical fiction, but it was not! Remind yourself that while you are reading the text, this all happened. I won't spoil too much for you, just know that President Garfield was elected to the office of President of the United States and served for only six and a half months. He was shot on July 2, 1881, and did not die until September 19, 1881...that is a long time to die from a bullet wound.

This was the first book penned by Ms. Millard that I have ever read, but it will not be the last.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun