Free background from VintageMadeForYou

02 January 2012

First Challenge of Twenty Twelve

For the first challenge of 2012 I decided to go with the colors from my very favorite color challenge, CR84FN.  I have been doing their challenges for quite some time and I must admit it has made me look at new color combinations and even use combos/colors I usually don't.  I can see more variety in the colors on my layouts.

In addition to that, CR84FN has made me a card maker. I was never a card maker until I found Mona Pendelton's blog.  http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/  I guess the rest as they say it is history. I have been doing the challenges since 29 April 2011 and frankly my dear I don't plan on stopping.

This layout was something I have fretted over for a while.  I knew I wanted to piece together the view from the back of the Carnival Dream and put it into a layout, but honestly I have been stuck on what to do with it.  The challenge colors of blue, yellow and orange seem to flow with the colors on the pool deck and of course to me that makes my eye go right up to that lovely water of the Caribbean.





The owl was something I have wanted to work on for a while too.  He is a free clip art owl that I found online and knew I was going to use for a string art, I just did not know what colors.  First I painted him with watercolors in the blue, yellow and orange.  This was a base for my string art.  Then I took my stick thingy (paper piercer) and grabbed some DMC floss and my needle and let my imagination go. 

I am rather pleased with the way the whole thing turned out.  The orange and blue paper were from my scrapbin.  The yellow paper is Recollections from Michael's.  The thread is DMC.  The ink is faded jeans by Tim Holtz.  The watercolors are Prang.  And the views by God!  My journaling is hidden under the owl, because I wanted the large photo and owl to stand out.  There was not much to say anyway, just how much I loved to walk to deck 14 and stare out at this view.


8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a fabulous layout!! Love the way the photos have been laid out, and the owl is fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Michelle! What a great layout! The string art owl looks awesome! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing little owl! Super cool layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes! I lOve that owl. So innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele, WOW! Your string art owl mimics the ships railings in your pics and that is a FAB detail! LOVE how you layered your GREAT photos! LOVE how the CR84FN colors were just PERFECT for your photos in your LO! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the panoramic layout of your photos. I can see why you chose these images for this colour challenge--they work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so happy and cheerful! Great work with the string art owl too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing layout-amazing details! Love the owl. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun