Free background from VintageMadeForYou

02 November 2019

Review: Cilka's Journey: A Novel

Cilka's Journey: A Novel Cilka's Journey: A Novel by Heather Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book made me cry a little. I have been reading a lot of books on WWII, mostly the German aspect, and thought I had a clear picture of the treatment of prisoners...this book showed me that I did not. While life was not kind to Cilka, you will like her. She is a strong, smart woman that has figured out how to survive. While you read the text you need to remember that she was trying to survive, that was her only goal. Her goal does shift when she finds someone to love as she would a close sister. Her goal is to save her new family. This character trait of Cilka and this part of the book was very moving for me.

The book travels back and forth between two prison camps, one in Auschwitz and the other is Siberia. You are going to have to read the book to see how/why she lands in Siberia and if she gets out. I will warn you, that this book was very hard for me to put down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!