Free background from VintageMadeForYou

31 July 2011

Lavendar Blue, Dilly Dilly

One of my favorite movies as a child was the fabulous, Summer Magic starring Hailey Mills.  The rich cousin comes to live with Hailey and her family and causes all types of problems mainly by being a snob.  It was a fantastic story (at least to a 9 year old) and featured this little song. No wait, the song wasn't little, it went on forever and ever.  Even as a child who loved musicals I thought this song was too much.  Sung brilliantly by Burl Ives, is just went on for much too long.

Fast forward to 2011, I was just listening to the song on a Disney cd just the other day.  And the then I popped open the CR84FN challenge and there were colors that instantly made me think of that song. So there I was back to the front porch with Burl Ives...

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are King, dilly dilly,
I shall be Queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

Call up your friends, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly dilly,
Some to the fork

Some to the hay, dilly dilly,
Some to thresh corn
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly,
Keep ourselves warm

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When you are King, dilly dilly,
I shall be Queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so.

 Simple lyrics for an old classic little song.  

I think that my creations are a little more exciting.  I made many different things today because I wanted NO scraps.  I am trying hard not to put any more scraps in that bin until I thin it out a bit.

Shine because you can (tim holtz distress emboss ink and Walnut Stain embossing poweders, prima flower, ribbons from my bin, heart stamp from inkadinkadoo, baroque motifs florish stamp from stampin up.  Papers are open stock from HObby Lobby)

Enjoy life (all cardstock from open stock at Hobby Lobby, buttons from Making Memories, patterened paper by Creative Memories, ribbon from scrap ribbon box, florish stamp baroque motifs by Stampin Up!  Enjoy chipboard from a kit from a long time ago)

Sailed the Titanic (scallops made from a corner rounder, card stock is open stock from Hobby Lobby, florish stamp by Stamin Up, doiley from the cabinet, girl stamp from vintage ladies stamp set, flower by me, iceburg sticker by the Titanic people, inks by Tim Holta, embossing powers by Jo-Ann's fabric, crackle paint by Tim Holtz)

Thanks everyday (thanks stamp by inkadinkadoo and everyday stamp by Technque Tuesday, flowers by prima, word stamp by Technique Tuesday, ribbon from scrapbin, star chipboard was found on the ground, card stock open stock from HObby Lobby, patterned purple pape by creative memories, thread by DMC, rhinestone by Making Memoires.



5 comments:

  1. Wow, Michele! You weren't kidding about wanting no scraps! Especially the CR84FN card! Those papers from HL look so good with that GORGEOUS flower and is that velvet ribbon??!!! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of projects Michelle! Love all the distressing and the
    LO looks fab! Love all the memorabilia that you incorporated! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS projects Michelle!!! Such fabulous creations created from tidbits!!! Great job!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    I like the look of your distressing. I am also a fan of Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly. Your layout looks nice.

    Penny N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that song takes me back a bit :) You really are a on a roll! Lovely projects. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!