Free background from VintageMadeForYou

28 August 2011

Blue Moon

This week I am making cards for me to use next year that are a year on the life but more of a reflection on life and not typical events. I am using 3 events that everyone uses....Christmas, Father's Day and Mother's Day.  For Mother's Day, I really wanted to use this clip art that I found. 
I found this on a free site   http://www.freeretroclipart.com/, you can't use it for commercial use, but you can use it on your own.  You want to be careful with copyright, that is why usually I use my own drawings, but this one is too good to pass up.  There is also a blog on this site that is very worthy of your time.

http://americanwomendidntgetfat.blogspot.com/

Here is my creation:





To get the look:
You need lots of papers and junk in your craft bin. I had a ripped up doily, a page from an old Bible, a tag from my tagger that says "so easy to attach" an old Hugs label and a yucky old tag made new by Tim Holtz inks (spun sugar, broken china, old paper and walnut stain).  The Ali Edwards handwriting font on your computer and blue ribbon.  This was fun

7 comments:

  1. This truly DOES look like you had FUN! LOVE that image and all your bits and pieces! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Love the vintage image! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love the vintage clip art! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So retro and so FUN! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card - lots of lovely texture and so many sweet embellishments! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your vintage card and the vintage clip art

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!