Free background from VintageMadeForYou

21 June 2012

Peanut Butter Pie

Please note I am NOT a good sharer of recipes.  The only reason I share this is because well.....I did not invent it, I just changed it to suit ME!   This started as the recipe from Cracker Barrel's own lady that made the pies, but I have changed it to suit me. Also, keep in mind I measure NOTHING!!!  So this is just a guess.


Peanut Butter Pie
Crust:
1 ¼ chocolate cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
¼ c sugar
¼ c butter, melted

Filling:
1 package 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c creamy peanut butter
1 c sugar
1 T butter softened
1 t vanilla
1 c heavy cream, whipped
Chocolate chips
Combine crust ingredients; press into a 9 in pie plate.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  Cool.
Beat cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until smooth.  Add choc chips into the mixture.  Fold in whipped cream.  Gently spoon into crust.  Refrigerate. Top with whipped cream and chocolate chips...yummy.

2 comments:

  1. If there is one at grandmas on the 17th, I will gibe it a review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping this would be the real recipe because i loved this as a child, then it disappeared. I so want to make this and see if it taste the same! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!