Free background from VintageMadeForYou

19 October 2019

Review: The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr

The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr The Secret Wife of Aaron Burr by Susan Holloway Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

You do need to read the acknowledgments of this book because you will be blown away by the imagination of Ms. Holloway Scott. The story she weaves is nothing short of brilliant. Why did I give it a 4 instead of a 5 star? Mainly because this book does paint Burr as an almost kind, caring hero of a person and I don't feel that he was in a shape form or fashion that type of person.

One thing I love is Mary. I fell in love with Mary's character almost instantly. Mary had a warm heart, incredible patience and a desire to learn. She was sold into slavery as a child and she tries so hard to get out of that (I won't tell you how and spoil it for you). Mary's treatment is hard to read, you can't ignore that this treatment probably did happen in real life, and that part angered me with every line I read. It is even hard to write this because those scenes come back to mind.

I do think this is a wonderful book and I do think that folks that like the Burr/Hamilton world will love it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun