Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 May 2020

Read with Michelle-June book pick


June Book Club Pick
The Queen's Secret by
Karen Harper




I love a good book about the Royal Family and I do enjoy a Karen Harper novel too, so when I saw that this one was coming out, I put in on hold and planned for it to be my June book pick. I also am mad about the cover, even though it shows a woman's back (I am so tired of that design), but it is the Queen Mum and those stockings!!!!! 




The book is about the Queen Mum.  I don't know if you remember her because she died in 2002, but she was this cute little old lady (like 100) that I didn't really know much about.  That is how I could enjoy a fictional book about her.  She is portrayed a lot differently than I imagined her to be. I knew she was a hands on mom, but that was about all.  She seems to be a strong leader, and a great companion to Bertie   (George VI).  I will have to do some studying on her because there are some things I found kind of shocking and now I want to know if they are true. 

I am not quite finished, only 65% complete, but the review will be up on the blog by the end of the week. I will tell you that I am loving it!!!

Oh I forgot, my favorite royal/non-royal, Wallis Simpson has a little part too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!