Free background from VintageMadeForYou

05 May 2020

The mountains are calling and I must go

Anyone that knows me knows that I would rather be near the mountains than anything in this world.  That my soul longs to live amongest the snow capped peaks of a mountain range.  I have come to realize that I will visit them many times, but I will never be able to live there so when we moved and got this extra space I decided I had to make a room that would be called "The mountains are calling and I must go" from my favorite John Muir quote.  I thought about doing all 4 walls of an 8x8 room but decided I had better go with just two walls with the possibility of adding on in the future.  The focal point would be Denali and it would also serve as the headboard in this guest room.  You would make your way around the room to the left of Denali would be the National Park area.  To the right of Denali you would travel through Fairbanks and then down to the Stephen's Passage, to Glacier Bay National Park & Reserve, my absolute favorite place on the whole planet.  I worked on this room after work for about 2 weeks and I think, even though it is the smallest room in the house, it is my favorite.  I go in there every single day, even for just a few minutes.  I wish it was large enough to add a chair so I could read in there, but for now, I just sit on the bed and play with the cats.  The cats think this is their napping room and the bed is covered in cat hair (black comforter, white cat). 

The little places near Wasilla, I saw a flag there in a yard of a shopping plaza, no shopping plaza will be on the wall, but I put in the flag.  There is a surprise in the sky, a close up will be provided below.
Glacier Bay National Park and a tidewater glacier.  I did Michelle's version of the Muir, which is shrinking terribly.
Denali over the bed with the Northern Lights
My version of the Ruth Glacier Denali National Park
the flag in Wasilla
A surprise over Glacier Bay
Stephens Passage has a surprise on the tree
A surprise over Wasilla
My version of the Grand Pacific Glacier


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!