Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 September 2020

October Book Pick

 Hello Reading Pals,


I promised myself I was not going to pick a WWII book for the October pick, yes I sure did, but it appears I have lied to myself.  I could not help it, this book is exceptional.  I did not expect to love it as much as I did, and since I did I had to share with you. 


The October pick is The Paris Secret, by Natasha Lester.  The book grabs your instantly when  a little girl named Skye shows off her underwear to a boy she just met.  They become good friends in their youth and are pulled apart because of Skye's upbringing.  Fast forward a few years and Skye is living a life that is different than her dreams and Hilter is trying to scoop up everything he can.  Skye is a talented pilot, but the problem is she is a girl so she can't fight in the war like a man would be able to.  


That is all I am telling you about the plot, what you need to know is Skye is awesome!!! She is tough as nails and an inspiration to every girl she meets, every girl but one that is.  The one who may be the key to her happiness or undoing.  

If you have never read any of Natasha's books you should give the others a try too, she is a brilliant writer who loves to set her stories in Paris.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!