Free background from VintageMadeForYou

07 September 2020

Fall Reading Guide

 For the first time, I am going to give you my fall book list, why?  Because the world is so full of Covid-19 and we need an escape from reality.  


I am going to choose books that have been released in 2020....only one of these on my list have I read, so maybe we can read all of these books together.  



1. The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett

   Twins live in a small town but are unhappy and run away from home.  Years later one of them returns with her daughter.  A daughter who doesn't look like the other townspeople (they are all lighter skin color and she is dark).  The other sister is living as a white woman and her husband doesn't know anything about her past.  In the future, the twins' grown-up daughters find each other and reveal some truths, but keep some buried deeply.



2. The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James

This one has been on my TBR for some time and I am just about to put it in the finished stack.  It is about an aunt that mysteriously disappeared and the cover is exceptional.  


3. Blood by Joe Jonas


This one is written by a Jonas and is all about the Jonas brothers and I have been on the waiting list since January.


4. A Furious Sky by Eric Jay Dolin

This one seems to be all about hurricanes of the past so it is non-fiction. I am hoping it is very entertaining and horrifying.  



5. The Queen of Tuesday (a Lucille Ball story) by Darian Strauss

In my book this was a must when it said "A Lucille Ball story) and the cover is outstanding as well.  




6. The Paris Secret by Natasha Lester



I read all Natasha's books so I often don't read what the next one is about so I am surprised, but it is usually about Paris and always fantastic!


7. The Virginia Dynasty by Lynne Cheney

Lynne is a great nonfiction writer, I have no doubt this one will be detailed and all about our Virginian Presidents.



8. Kind of a Big Deal by Shannon Hale 



A YA book that I MUST read because of the title because I sometimes introduce myself as a "big deal or dill".  


9. No Time for the Future by Michael J Fox.

I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on this one.  All the books he has written have been uplifting, honest, and inspiring.




10. Memorial Drive: A Daughter's Memoir

This book sounds like it would be a fiction read, but it is not in any way fiction.  This really happened to Natasha and her mother.  Her mother was murdered by Natasha's stepfather and from the snippets I have seen, it seems like Natasha may have been nearby, if not there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!