Free background from VintageMadeForYou

29 January 2012

Pretty in Pink (Light Blue and Red too)


I just have to say first hand, I LOVE THIS COLOR SCHEME!  Oh, yes, these colors make me very happy inside.  When I am happy I cannot but make things that make me happy.  Today's cards do just that.  One is a generic card to say HELLO!!  I wanted to use these beads that I had in the colors of red, blue and white...so I got me some silver wire, strung some up and then had to figure out how to use them on my card.  Everything that I used to day was stuff from my scrapbin.  This is full of stuff that I either had left from another project or stuff I had salvaged from another object.  The ring that holds the ribbon used to be on a key ring.  I just loved it so I cut it off the key ring.  The chipboard is from an old card kit I got years ago, and I just didn't use this piece.  













 I liked the scheme so much I decided to make a tag for a friend of mine.  She is a special lady about to celebrate her 40th birthday.  The items here are also from my bin.  The tissue flower is a piece of tissue that came in a gift. I stamped it and spritzed it with some of my inks and then fashioned it into a flower (using Tim Holtz's flower from tissue technique).  The chipboard and harlequin stamp are from Technique Tuesday, the jewelry is from a kids necklace and the girl stamp is from Hot off the Press and I wish I knew where the priceless stamp was made. I bought it at a yard sale. 


Since the tag was made in layers, I wanted to use it for a challenge on layers. I love layers so I HAD to do this challenge.  And the color scheme is perfect for a layering challenge.


Thanks to both CR84FN and Crazy 4 Challenges for keeping us all fresh and on our toes. I for one LOVE what you do for all of us crafters!  


5 comments:

  1. Michele, Really LOVE how you made such a PRETTY card and tag with things in your scrapbin! LOVE the beads and the key ring and your array of colorful papers and ribbons! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects! I really can feel your happiness when I look at them:) Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous work - I do like the bead keyring - so pretty Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you picked up on the ribbons tied to the swing in the photo! Fun projects ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Michelle! What pretty projects! Love the bead work! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!