Free background from VintageMadeForYou

20 May 2012

Rolled Rose Tutorial


Today I wanted to share with you my rolled rose technique.  It's not a perfect flower, just a simple little flower you can make and it can provide a wonderful accent to your projects.
I begin with a little square of paper and draw a little spiral (ok I admit sometimes-most times I free hand the spiral).  Then I cut out little waves on the outside of the spiral line.   

  You end up with a little spiral that looks like this (left).  I like to spritz the spiral with water then I wrap the outside edge (not the center) around a stylus.  I keep winding it around the stylus until it looks like the picture below.

 I then use some glue to hold the flower in place.  You will wrap the center of your spiral under the bottom of the flower and it has it's own built in base.  Then you can glue it onto your projects.

I am picturing 3 cards that I made today using this technique.  NO two are alike because I don't use a pattern, and I love that effect.



 These projects all feature:
Tim Holtz Distress inks in Evergreen Bough
Ranger Archival black ink
Scallop frame by Sizzix
All paper is from my scrapbin (I know the blue is MME)
string from my ribbon scraps
Floral patterned paper by Creative Memories
Bird, butterfly, music note paper and Wonderful  by K&Co
wire from a spool I bought years ago at Old America
Striped ribbon from Hobby Lobby
Quote from a kit from CKC
the leaves were handcut by me.

To get the colors on the leaves I put some Evergreen Bough directly onto a craft sheet.  I spritzed it with water and ran my cut out leaves through the ink.  I dried it with a heat gun and then drew on the veins with a Zig marker.












6 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle, what a lovely set of creations! I love the rolled roses, and the bird in it's minty nest!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection Michelle! Your rolled roses look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Michelle those flowers are perfect! I haven't tried those yet, but seeing your beautiful card makes me want to! Thank you so much for joining us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these rolled roses (must have go). You've been very busy here - all very pretty. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand cut and rolled posies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, LOVE your rose tutorial and how each one looks different! LOVE the wire stems and the FAB leaves! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun