Free background from VintageMadeForYou

29 April 2012

Smoothing out my altered journey (CR84FN)

I have always been a little off the beaten path from what others have been.  I have enjoyed off the wall things, and been interested in the most bizarre objects.  Since I discovered the internet I realize there are others out there that have the same type of random thoughts.  That think their head will explode if they cannot pick up a paintbrush and just paint. Someone that gets a thrill just from walking down an aisle full of paper. Someone that feels that with a writing utensil and some paper you can make anything.Someone that dreams all week of the weekend so they can create ANYTHING!  Someone that has to take their art materials with them wherever they go, just in case somethings hits their very busy brain.  Someone that brain NEVER shuts off.  Yeah, that's me.

I have always taken pride that I am not like anyone else and I celebrate it in every way that I can. I have tried to convince my children to have this attitude, but that is not so easily done.  That is my work in progress, in the meantime here is how I am displaying my individuality today.  



A bit ago I began an art journal.  This was a regular John Grisham book that I picked up at McKay's for a quarter.  I decided  to alter it in every way possible.  The cover will be last because I want it to reflect what is inside the book.  I had to take out some of the pages because my art tends to be 3d and the book would not close.  Here are my journal entries for today.  I was very lucky that the colors match my favorite challenge CR84FN

 Poem found on the internet
Parenthesis and plastic like flowers-from a CKC class
Blue and pink paper open stock at Hobby Lobby
Girl and postmark stamp-Hot off the press
Flower on rosette-Stampin UP!
pink flowers from my parents 40th wedding anniversary party
blue flowers by prima
background inks by Michelle's Musings
other paints by Americana, Folk Art and Apple Barrel all acrylic
Image of Titanic from the internet (but I flipped it from the original photo)



.

Hog Heaven tag, pink photo corners are Forest Friends by K&Co
Pink and blue card stock open stock from Hobby Lobby
Butterfly by Melody Ross and it was painted at an Archiver's class
Ghost Letters by Heidi Swapp
Special chipboard from an old kit.  I think it is Westrim Crafts (I was a beginning scrapper when I got it)
Quote from the Sound of Music-Maria



  Doily from my mom in laws house
bodice of dress made from Stampin UP! file tab punch
border punch by Fiskars!
Kraft card stock by Recollections
Be Yourself, believe, shoes and dress stamps are from the Dawn Houser set by Inkadinkadoo
Paint by Apple Barrel and Folk Art
Pink flowers from my parents 40th anniversary party
Shimmer and spray paints by Michelle's Musing
Distress paint by Tim Holtz
Houndstooth stamp by Technique Tuesday
quote by Edna Turnblad and Hairspray
Girl stamp in the corner by Hampton Arts
moon from a kit my daughter used when she was about 4 (she is now 15)
Patterned paper for dress by K&Co




5 comments:

  1. Our art teachers has the kids do this- it really allows you to be creative in a different way than is real main stream. I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOW! I just LOVE how unique this is and am so glad you used our colors and posted it so I could enjoy every detail! FAB art journal, Michelle! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great art journal, a lovely use of an old book and paints and embellishments!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Michelle! What beautiful pages in your art journal! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous journal. Thanks for playing at CR84FN.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun