Free background from VintageMadeForYou

26 August 2012

A little man in your life (but don't forget the girl)


Today I was working on some more manly cards.  It worked for me for some time and then I just had to make some girl cards.  I wanted to make some manly cards so that I could prepare myself to make this shower curtain for a friend.  She wants a patchwork curtain from super hero fabric.  I have high expectations for this curtain. I will feature it probably next week.
The first two cards were made using this weeks Mojo Monday formula.  What a great way to showcase my new gears die cut...love it!!!  Materials used:
Gears die cut by Sizzix
Paper by The Paper Company
Patterned paper by K&Co (Wild Saffron)
Lines embossing folder by The Paper Company
Script stamp by Technique Tuesday
Umbrella man embossing folder by Tim Holtz
All inks are Distress inks by Tim Holtz (Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain)
Paper for gears is from my scrapbin
For my next man card, I used the Tim Holtz car embossing folder, the large gear from my Sizzix set, Stickles in Gold, and ribbon from my ribbon jar (and I have no idea who made it).  The rest of the supplies are the same from the previous two.


Time for some girly cards....This one uses my new Sizzix circle die, a stamp by Hot off the Press (that I painted with watercolors), the girl image was stamped using StazOn, all other papers and inks same as above.






And lastly, Marilyn.  I cut the Marilyn stencil from a plastic icee cup from Hucks.  It took me a very long time, but it was worth it completely.  The music stamp is by Close to My Heart, the flower by K&Co, the embossing folder by The Paper Company, ink from music by StazOn, all other ink by Tim Holtz (Peeled Paint, Evergreen Bough, Spun Sugar).  Paint is raven by Americana. 

My final project was attendance taking awards for the people I work with, let's hope they work.  I have not pictured them because I want them to be a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun