Free background from VintageMadeForYou

09 September 2012

Loretta Young

I don't know if you are like me or not, but I got through phases with the actors I watch. Most recently I was watching Gene Kelly and Marilyn Monroe, but this week I started watching Loretta Young and Clark Gable.  Not everyone knows (especially not back when they were alive) that Clark and Loretta had a mad affair while filming Call of the Wild (if you have not seen this you should).  The result was a baby. Loretta went away to have the child and then she "adopted" the child.  That's right the child we all thought was not hers was really hers and the baby daddy was Gable.  
Call of the Wild was on TCM the other day, and I made all the kids watch it.  For one it was about Alaska, Two Clark Gable and three it is a wonderful story.  Today I was thinking of Loretta Young and I knew she had said something about God once and I wanted to remember so I googled it.  

That quote inspired my entries for the CR84FN color challenge and this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge.  
The quote is "I'm grateful to God for his bountiful gifts...He gave me courage and faith in myself" (I featured it as the inside of the top card)


And while I was looking I found one more that was worthy of remembering.
"No one is ever too old, too rich too poor, to pray"
Then I painted my version of I perceive Loretta to look.  Both cards today feature what I think Loretta looked like as a Follies girl. 



5 comments:

  1. This is great!!!! Did you hand paint it? Love the color combination you used!!! I love reading about the Golden Age of Hollywood! Did not about Loretta's baby daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what wonderful painted images, and a very interesting story about these two actors.
    Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an original idea - I think your paintings are lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific project Michelle! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your Paintings are just Lovely! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun