Free background from VintageMadeForYou

07 September 2013

Mixed media minis

These little miniatures feature a little bit of everything.  Maybe some painting. Maybe some inking.  A little die cutting....who knows. 
The first three are to honor two movie stars I adore...Betty and Marilyn.



This next one I have a bit of how I made it. 
I made a sketch on the mixed media paper and traced it to make a mask.  I put double sided tape on the back of the mask after I cut it out.  I then placed it over the sketch on the mixed media paper.  I inked the background using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Vintage Paper.  Then I sprayed with Perfect Pearls silver misting spray. 


Next, I used my brand new viewmaster styled Tim Holtz Distress Die and made a couple from regular white scrapbook paper.  I inked both of them with distress inks...walnut stain, vintage paper, and tea dye.  Then I sprayed with Michelle's Musings brown ink on one and java ink on the other (I can't remember who made it...I broke the original bottle).  One of the viewmasters was covered in Michelle's Musings modeling paste the other in a heavy gel. On the heavy gel one, I added glass glitter.  Once the two viewmasters were dry I cut them apart and added to the mixed media paper.  Next, I took off my mask and painted the lady.



And the last one is a homage to Audrey Hepburn, Michelle's Musing style.  This one was fun for me. It is a bit of everything...just like me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!