Free background from VintageMadeForYou

12 November 2018

Review: The Kennedy Debutante

The Kennedy Debutante The Kennedy Debutante by Kerri Maher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had never read a book about Kick so I didn't know anything about her other than she died young. This book title made me think that it would be about her society debut, but instead, that debut sets the tone for Kick and her future. I kind of like Kick because she was a bit of a spitfire. Willing to give up all for love but still conflicted if she was doing the right thing.
Overall, the book has a sad tone...with the war raging, heartbreak, betrayal, Rosemary, but I do believe that things were like that in this time. No one knew what was going to happen in regards to Hilter and people being killed in battle. The Rosemary part was sad and made me wonder what the real kids thought about that whole situation.
This was an enjoyable book to me and I do recommend it for anyone interested in the Kennedy family or fans of WWII historical fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: My Mama, Cass: A Memoir