Free background from VintageMadeForYou

19 November 2018

Review: The Tattooist of Auschwitz

The Tattooist of Auschwitz The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a beautiful story of love in the most horrific conditions. I was madly in love with Lale and Gita myself. The things they endured were the most gruesome thing I have ever read about. To find out that Lale and Gita were real people and this story is based on their lives touched me deeply. The love they had, the bond to make it out alive and together, their sheer devotion to one another was touching. Lale didn't come off as a sympathizer, but I can see his concern that he would be. I saw in him a man that did what it took to serve his fellow prisoners and in the end, they took care of him for taking care of him all those years.

There were many spots in the book that I could not stand it for fear that something happened to Lale, Gita or their friends. The constant worry that this could be their last moment was terrifying to me.

I will forever question how these activities could go unnoticed and always say a little prayer for those that went through these dreadful conditions.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!