Free background from VintageMadeForYou

17 June 2019

Review: The Last Year of the War

The Last Year of the War The Last Year of the War by Susan Meissner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Susan did not disappoint in this book. She gave us a tale that in parts was hard for me to read. I have known for a while that we had camps in America, but it is still hard to read about. Then the way the family left the camp and what they were to experience when they did leave the camp. I won't give you details, but it was very hard.

The book got happier as you find someone who is willing to give so much to be so selfless. Even if they had a motive for doing so, they still saved someone in every way a person can be saved and that was beautiful. I can't tell you what I mean by this statement, you really need to read the book and see what a wonderful act it was and who committed it.

It was a very well written tale that if you let it can give you a little history as to what life was like for a German American or Japanese American living in the USA during WWII.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun