Free background from VintageMadeForYou

29 May 2022

June Book Pick

 Hello to you all!  Hope your summer plans are shaping up nicely.  


My Summer Reading Guide will drop at 6 pm on June 6, so please come back to the blog for that. I will put the link in this post, once it is active.  


For June I picked a high drama historical fiction book set in 1918 Denver, Colorado




Lutie and Helen are sisters that decide to move to Colorado after the death of their parents.  Helen secured a job as a nurse before they ever moved and Lutie would find a job in advertising when they arrived.  To help with expenses they rent out their basement to a family of three, Ron, Maud, and Dorothy.  Ron and Maud have a volatile relationship and Ron leaves.   Things are going fine until Dorothy's biological father shows up and Helen murders him.  The girls decide to hide the body out in the open....out in the park where people take their family members that have died of the flu.  All of this drama happens at the very beginning of the book!!!

I hope you enjoy, please let me know what you think.   


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!