Free background from VintageMadeForYou

08 July 2012

What a difference a year makes

With all the baseball tournaments I have not been able to join in on CR84FN or Mojo Monday like I want to, but I am back baby!!!  Today's cards were made for a couple of people at work that have a birthday coming up.  Of course while I was making them I reflected on my almost year at the high school. It is hard to believe what a difference a year makes.  I am happy, and much healthier. I had always thought people were nuts to say that a job could age you like that.  Especially when it was a job that I loved. I loved working with the staff but most of all the children.  I am not going to bore you with the things I did not love.  Those would be the reasons that I left.  


A year later, I am happy, less stress... A LOT LESS STRESS!  I am doing something I love and something I am good at.  I am working with people that are Godly people that let me pray for them, that encourage me to pray for them and that have prayed for me.  

My cholesterol is down.  WAY DOWN!  God works things out in the neatest ways.  I love when He surprises me and takes care of me when I didn't realize I needed it, but I always do.


Now a year later, there are some people that I miss, and probably will never talk to again.  And to that I just have to say "oh well".  I am happy!  

These cards are made with a lot of leftovers so telling it all might be hard.

The top card:
Scallop oval die cut by Spellbinders
Flower die cut by Tim Holtz
Ribbon bought at CKC
Patterned paper by K&Co
Red paper by Recollections
All inks are Distress inks by Tim Holtz
Birthday stamp by Stampin UP!
Leaves made from the Magnolia line of paper and inked with Distress inks



 
Second card:
Embossing folder by Stampin UP! (thanks Cassie for selling it to me)
Yellow paper by Recollections
Birthday sentiment by Stampin UP!
all other supplies same as above

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty Michelle. Love the way you used the colors, the fibers... that paper flower is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Michelle, i love the die cut frame, and the gorgeous flower.
    thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created such a lively and energetic feel in your card! It's just HAPPY all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michelle! Love all the layers and fancy die cuts! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!