Free background from VintageMadeForYou

06 December 2018

Martin's Hollywood Journey

The Golden Age of Hollywood invokes images of sophisticated movie stars living a life of decadence and excess.  My mind pictures movie stars emerging from the latest automobiles and decked in furs and diamonds just to go to Schwab's.  This is a time of outrageous living created by this new job market.
 I am fascinated by old Hollywood and many times I have typed in "golden age of Hollywood" in my library's book search box in order to find an interesting read.  It was during one of these searches that I came across an author's name...Martin Turnbull.  I had never heard of him and my library didn't have a book written by him but Amazon told me that he had a book called the "Garden on Sunset".  Martin actually offered the digital book for free, so you know I got it.

The story is about three up and comers, Marcus Adler-a potential screenwriter, Kathryn Massey-who dreams of being a newspaper reporter and Gwendolyn Brick-a woman that longs to be a movie actress. It follows their Hollywood dreams and adventures.  Along the journey, the reader gets to meet HUGE stars.  Some in their decline, some in their heyday and a few in places where they didn't want to be caught.  Clark Gable, Rudy Valentino, Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall,  F Scott Fitzgerald, and HG Wells (there are so many more).

I recommend this Garden of Allah series for anyone that loves the Hollywood set and forgotten movie stars.  The series is now complete so start the first one, read straight through and say "wow, that was fantastic".

I want you to check out his website where as of today you can get the first two books in the series for free.  You might as well buy all of the others because you will be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!