Free background from VintageMadeForYou

04 December 2018

Review: Young Elizabeth: The Making of the Queen

Young Elizabeth: The Making of the Queen Young Elizabeth: The Making of the Queen by Kate Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this fascinating from the first page. The book started out with the backstory of David (Edward VIII) and Bertie (George Vi). I liked that because the two of them made Elizabeth what she is today. If you have studied the royals you know that David's action is the sole reason that Elizabeth II is on the throne today. I liked how it was explored here and finally, I saw how Lilibet felt about the whole thing. Everything I have read has been very hush hush about "that woman" so I liked it was talked about here. I guess my favorite part was to see how Lillibet fell deeply in love (and rather quickly) with Phillip and how some things changed when she was crowned. The only thing I didn't like about the book is it did go into the future a bit. I wish it could have stopped right there when she was crowned and let into a sequel book or just let you read another book about the Queen. I liked this book as a "pre-Queen" book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun