Free background from VintageMadeForYou

19 December 2018

Review: My Girls: A Lifetime with Carrie and Debbie

My Girls: A Lifetime with Carrie and Debbie My Girls: A Lifetime with Carrie and Debbie by Todd Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book!!! There things in here about not enabling family members with bipolar, about drug use, about growing up the child of a world-famous actress, about crappy relationships, Princess Leia, and giving up on a life-long dream. I loved every second of this journey. Never once did Todd portray himself as perfect. Never once did he try to tell us how great he is and how sucky we commoners are (as most celeb bios do)....no, he told us where he made mistakes. He told us what he did wrong and how he found a way out with the love of his two girls intact and strong. You could feel the hurt as he described the last days of Carrie and Debbie and he also talks about the bond that the two of them had. He never sounded like he felt left out either. He sounds like he is grounded, but realizes he isn't perfect and never will be. I appreciate his openness about the bipolar Carrie. She was open about it, but it was hers to own. He was open about how to deal with it and even though he didn't try (or I think he didn't) he helped me see some things.

A brilliant tribute to your mom and sister, Mr. Fisher. May God bless you and your family.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun