Free background from VintageMadeForYou

17 December 2019

Review: Jackie and Maria: A Novel of Jackie Kennedy & Maria Callas

Jackie and Maria: A Novel of Jackie Kennedy & Maria Callas Jackie and Maria: A Novel of Jackie Kennedy & Maria Callas by Gill Paul
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the very first chapter, I was hooked. I was invested to find out how these two ladies existences intertwined because while I knew about Jackie, I had just briefly heard of Maria Callas.

This book features intimate scenes between the two couples, scenes where you could just imagine that these conversations really took place. While reading the chapters, there were times when I hated Jack Kennedy for his treatment of Jackie and Ari for his lack of loyalty to Maria, then I had moments where I thought the two women were plotting to get what (I thought) they wanted, security.

It is no secret to anyone that talks to me about books that Gill Paul is one of my favorite authors, that her writings speak to me and transport me back to another time, but this one had emotions about love and betrayal that I had not seen Ms. Paul give us in such a manner. To me, this book was perfection from the opening page until the very last sentence.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!