Free background from VintageMadeForYou

28 December 2019

Review: Me

Me Me by Elton John
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book! I loved it not just because I like Elton's music, but this is a book by a celebrity that isn't pretty. It is honest and in spots, gut-wrenching. There are scenes that make you want to smack Elton upside of the head like Cher did in Moonstruck and say "snap out of it". Then there is there are the scenes with the mother. I don't want to spoil it, but she was terrible! I won't tell you how or what he did.

Elton has always been honest about his addiction to drugs and in these pages, he takes down that short road to addiction, then later he takes us on the long journey to sobriety. He is very honest about how the need for more drugs felt and tells us about the people left in the wake of his unhealthy path.

I devoured this book because I loved everything contained in the pages. Elton's storytelling was interesting, fun, sad, hilarious and to me, time well spent. I don't think you have to be an Elton fan to find the book interesting, but I think you will enjoy the ride more if you are.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun