Free background from VintageMadeForYou

31 March 2020

Poppyseed Chicken

Since you are all cooped up in the house these days, trying to be "healthy at home", I am sure you are like me and going through all the recipes to see what new you can fix for dinner.  I am going to share with you one of my easy fave recipes. I did not create it, I have no idea who did, but I know it is yummy.

Poppyseed chicken


3 cups chopped cooked chicken (the rotisserie chicken at Sam's is perfect)
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted 
1 (16-oz.) container sour cream (I don't use this much, I just add a big scoop)
3 teaspoons poppy seeds 
31 round buttery crackers, crushed 
1/4 cup butter, melted 
Preparation
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
2. Stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
3. Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Bonus: I like to add cheddar cheese to the mix because I love cheese. I add to the mix before topping with crackers.

Second bonus: It is also good if you throw in cooked broccoli in the mix when you add the cheese.

Leave out the poppyseed if you don't like it and you still have a tasty meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!