Free background from VintageMadeForYou

31 March 2020

Homemade Ranch

Again, since we are stuck inside and not social distancing, I wanted to share another of my recipes.


There are so many good homemade ranch dressing recipes out there, but this is the one that I use in my house.  Why make it? Oh, it tastes so much better than store-bought and you control the ingredients, you know exactly what is inside there.



First of all, I have to make some buttermilk because I never have that.  I pour about a 1 1/2  cups of milk (I rarely measure) into a bowl and add about a 1/2 teaspoon (again, eyeballing) of vinegar.  I stir it up and let it sit for a few minutes.

While waiting for that I get another bowl out and add:
 1/2 sour cream
1 cup of mayo (I use the Great Value brand)

I am sorry but I do these to taste or how I like them to be (so bad at measuring), these are all dry ingredients I keep in my cupboard:

Dill weed
Garlic Powder
Parsley
Onion Powder
guessing, I would say about 1 teaspoon to start out and see how you like it.  I like about 1/2 garlic, 1 1/2 dill, 1/4 onion,  and 1 parsley.

When I started researching ranch recipes many say to add a little lemon juice so I started adding a little bit and I admit it does give it a WOW!!! So add a little lemon juice.  You can taste test it right now...isn't that yummy?  It will taste even better after about an hour.  If it gets to thick just add a little milk (a very little).



Mix all of these ingredients with about 1 cup of the buttermilk that you made.  I store it in a glass jar, for up to two weeks, it never lasts that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!