Free background from VintageMadeForYou

30 March 2020

Michael's dollar bin find

I tell you what, I am doing EXCELLENT in the Michael's dollar bin.  Today it was the first place that I intended to visit as I entered the store.  All items were $.50 instead of $1.00.  I purchased a couple of frames for my office and then I hit the jackpot!!! Chipboard albums!  The albums were shaped like flowers. I got a two different ones.  My goad was to make a positive motivation album out of one.  I have a friend that needs some motivation and I thought what a better way to remind them of how special they are and that they can achieve their goal....than to give them a flower shaped album!!!

My first step with the albums was to cover each page with Ciao Bella paper by K&Co.  I used Aleene's tacky glue to adhere the paper.  Once it was dry I used the Little Sis took by Creekbank Creations to trim the paper off the chipboard.  Then using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, I distressed the edges.  And of course I had to mist each side with water to give it an aged looked.

I had some quotes that I had found regarding friendship, God, and losing weight.  I complied them into a word document and edited it to be the text on each page.  After printing, I inked each quote using Walnut Statin.

The next step was very random, I used stamps, stickers, charms, and expoy stuff to decorate the pages.  Once all decorating was finished, I coated each page in Modge Podge (matte) for durability.

My album is ready to give to my friend. 















1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Beautiful and so nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!