Free background from VintageMadeForYou

17 March 2013

An owl in the tree

Here is the completion of the textured tree that covered the three canvas I worked on last week.


Today I drew a screech owl!  I used green paper (sorry I don't know the line of paper it was a gift) and cut out two wings.  I used many layers to achieve the look of feathers. I inked the edges of each layer with frayed burlap and vintage photo Distress Ink.

 The middle of the owl was made using the same line of paper, only I stamp a french script onto it.  I brushed brown, orange and white paint in it to simulate feathers. The head was dry brushed with black soot and walnut stain ink and also black and brown paint.  The top of the head was made from green paper from the aforementioned paper line (why oh why don't I have the name of it?).  I painted the eyes, beak and talons.  I think he turned out wonderful.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!