Free background from VintageMadeForYou

09 February 2019

Review: The Forgotten Flapper: A Novel of Olive Thomas

The Forgotten Flapper: A Novel of Olive Thomas The Forgotten Flapper: A Novel of Olive Thomas by Laini Giles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my word! I have waited forever to read a book on Olive Thomas. I have been intrigued by her since childhood. This was written as if Olive was telling us the story. Fiction that reads like nonfiction. Written in a style most celeb autobios are written in...."I make good choices but those around me don't." It was a perfect way to tell a story about a big celebrity that no one now knows because she died in 1920. She was a big star before talking pictures were a thing and married a Pickford. A Ziegfeld girl, the most beautiful woman alive...Olive was royalty at the beginning stages of Hollywood. Her death was horrible and it is featured in this book just as horribly as I have imagined it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun