Free background from VintageMadeForYou

11 September 2019

Review: The Secrets We Kept

The Secrets We Kept The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I had never thought of what could happen to a writer that writes a book that is unpopular with their government. I never thought about how the writer's family/loved ones could be tortured for just loving the writer. I never thought about how a group of people could work as spies behind the scenes to get a book published because it is so important to let the world know about a government.

That is I never thought about it until I read this book. I was full of emotion in reading the text. I don't like spoiling a book for anyone I will just tell you that is about people that sacrifice everything for love and the love of writing.



I just read a little bit about the book being about Dr. Zhivago, but I will be the first to admit about 2 months ago, I put the book on hold because I loved the cover. The cover was just the beginning. I enjoyed this so much.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun