Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 August 2019

Review: The Winemaker's Wife

The Winemaker's Wife The Winemaker's Wife by Kristin Harmel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I will be honest, I picked it up because of the cover and the fact that I have read another Kristin book and enjoyed it. I will tell you that from the first page I loved it. Every time I thought I had the ending figured out, Kristin would throw me a curveball and I had to start all over again with my assumptions. The characters were not those perfect little storybook folks, they were full of holes and imperfections but had a desire to defeat the Germans during occupied France. In the modern-day story, we are sitting on the sidelines waiting to find out how the modern-day ties to the past, because we know it does...it always does.

The last little section blew me away. I did not expect it and I loved it because of that.

thank you Ms. Harmel for a very interesting book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun