Free background from VintageMadeForYou

20 February 2012

Missed art






Mirabella designs



My first pullwork

I took a photo of my children and then cross stitched it.  This took me over a year!



For many years, I have been what you might say as an expert cross stitch person.  Once I even worked for a designed doing her mock up designs for the cover art of the packaging.  Back in 2010, I realized my hands simply cannot take the stress of holding the hoop anymore.  They ache and ache from the pressure.  One day, I am going to buy a loom that I can stitch at in my seat, but in the meantime I am going to think back to the days when I was a mad stitching machine.




Blackwork checker board I made for Hannah.  This is my own design.







blackwork sampler, 100% my design

My first beadwork



Families Ties sampler, the first sampler I ever searched and searched the internet for. 

My second piece ever, and the first where I changed almost ever single thread color and thread types.  This one features a lot of the DMC flower thread.  She is soooo me!

Really 2 pictures, but I put them together into one.  Pinky and Blue Boy




my first blackwork sampler

Blackwork lady, I love her.  Wish I had designed her
St Peter's in Russia, this was so fun to do. I painted the Aida cloth with clouds first then stitched ontop.  It is full of silver threads that shine on the wall.  Beautiful.  One of my favorites. 


1 comment:

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun