Free background from VintageMadeForYou

05 February 2012

Spicy Supply Challenge-Ribbon Valentine's Day

I love to send cards to people I card about.  I guess the tradition started with Valentine's cards in Elementary school.  I remember getting the cards at school and just glancing at them, but then when I got home..I would go through them one by one.  Looking at who gave me which one.  To me I felt like the sentiment on the card was directly meant for me by the sender.  I realize now that probably my classmates most likely slapped their name on a card just to get it done.  




Fast forward 30 years later, I am making my own Valentine's Day cards.  These were inspired by a challenge on one of my favorite websites Gingersnap Creations.  The challenge was to use ribbon on your project.  I decided to use ribbon in every way that I could think of using one sheet of 12x12 black Bazzil paper, one 8.5x11 open stock from Hobby Lobby pink paper and the rest of the papers/embellishments were from my scrapbin.  This includes the ribbons.  These ribbons were used previously in a project and I hated to throw away the leftovers.  



I have no idea who made the rub ons, I have had them for years, but the stamp featured on the giggle card is an inkadinkadoo stamp.  All the rosettes were made by me using my incredible Martha Stewart scoring board.  That thing was so worth the $20 I spent on it.  

Colored pencils used were all Prisma Watercolors, all ink was made by the one and only Tim Holtz.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun