Free background from VintageMadeForYou

26 August 2018

Review: As Bright as Heaven

As Bright as Heaven As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am writing this after my second visit with this book. My original feelings remain true....this book is a knock out! I have read just about every book by Meissner and with every one she seems to get better and better. This subject thrilled me because I am curious about the pandemic flu of the early 20th century. She didn't just take us to the center of the flu storm, she took us through it, and complications that people experienced that either lived through it or lost family members because of it. Setting this book in a funeral home was a stroke of genius!!! We got a new detail that I had never though about while studying the flu.

Parts of this book broke my heart, but most of it will make you value FAMILY. Read it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!