Free background from VintageMadeForYou

26 August 2018

Review: Love and Ruin

Love and Ruin Love and Ruin by Paula McLain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Of course I adore Hemingway and read any fiction that I hear about that is based on his life. I was intrigued by this one because of the setting. It is the time he moved to Cuba and he and Martha's stories competed against one another. I always wondered what their marriage might have been like. I have always read that Martha was the better writer of the couple and this doesn't do much to tell you she was or wasn't, but does kind of give you an idea that she was the go getter of the 2 at the time.

While not a perfect book, I did enjoy my time in between the pages while it lasted. I recommend for Hemingway fans as you can start to see the spiral begin.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!