Free background from VintageMadeForYou

26 August 2018

Review: Next Year in Havana

Next Year in Havana Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I went to Cuba in October 2017 and part of this was just like my visions of seeing Havana for the first time. The story is riddled with politics that I learned about while there. My guide said some of the same things that were in this book. What was exciting was Chanel took those real life events, both in the past and in the present, and told a couple of wonderful stories with those events. I thought every page of this book was beautiful, just like Havana. I thought the families stories was brilliantly told. Marisol leaves the USA to return her grandmother's (Elsa) ashes to the homeland. She had never been there because her family left during the revolution. Marisol is introduced to a different world and love like she never imagined. The ending was so surprising.

I can't imagine a more perfect book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!