Free background from VintageMadeForYou

07 April 2019

Review: Big Eyes: The Screenplay

Big Eyes: The Screenplay Big Eyes: The Screenplay by Scott Alexander
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I adored this book. It was the screenplay for the film so if you liked the film, you will like this. I have only seen the film once, but I believe it is the true screenplay of the movie.

If you are not familiar with the movie, it is based on a true story. Margaret is a single mom trying to make ends meet and she meets Walter. Walter sweeps her off her feet and keeps her from losing her daughter in a custody battle. Walter loves that she can paint because he is a painter too. He has ideas that they sell their painting together. He arranges for a "show" to sell their paintings. Folks are only interested in the "Big Eye" paintings of children that Maggie had done. Walter though tell everyone that he did them. Here is where it all starts to get good. I won't spoil it for you in case you have never heard of the tale, but it is a true story and very sad.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!