Free background from VintageMadeForYou

19 April 2019

Review: When We Left Cuba

When We Left Cuba When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have so many feels about this one. First of all Beatriz just seemed to be able to do it all. I feel deeply in love with her strength and desire. As strong as she was, she was just that stubborn and able to hold grudges. I had no idea when I started this book that I was pretty much going with Beatriz to stare down Castro and the communist government right in the face and while I was with her I would hope that she found that peace she needed, be it with her Nick or some other. I knew how the Cuban part would end, but I found myself rooting that some of these plans would be successful. I was scared at times for everyone's safety. I was thrilled that nothing in the book was predictable and grateful to Ms. Cleeton for creating a world that is sort of magical around a world where evil is everywhere.

I was SOOOO happy with the way things ended in the book. It was pretty much just what I needed Beatriz to have in life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!