Free background from VintageMadeForYou

28 April 2019

Review: Norma: The Story of Norma Shearer

Norma: The Story of Norma Shearer Norma: The Story of Norma Shearer by Lawrence J. Quirk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have waited for years to read this book (it was written in the late 80's) and I am glad I can mark this off my TBR list. This one wasn't as sanitized as many the bios for the olden movie stars are often written. It was a bit, there were many parts of Norma's life and affairs that I think are vacant, not because I know but because I have read about them in other books. This one seemed to be honest about how Norma and Irving got together and about their love and I enjoyed that. It did leave out how she got the part in The Divorcee...or the story I have always heard about.

I think that Gavin Lambert's Norma book is supposed to be the best one written about Norma, but since I have yet to put my hands on that one this one will have to do for now.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun