Free background from VintageMadeForYou

27 April 2019

Review: Gwen Verdon: A Life on Stage and Screen

Gwen Verdon: A Life on Stage and Screen Gwen Verdon: A Life on Stage and Screen by Peter Shelley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The cover is amazing, the subject is perfection, but the book was not great. I forced myself to finish because, in all my years of loving Fosse, I have NEVER seen a book on Gwen. I needed to love this book. I am so let down. It was more a chronological listing of things she had done and what she wore with a bit of her real-life person sprinkled in. I just needed more about Gwen and Fosse, Gwen and her other loves, Gwen and her childhood. I needed more. I am not going to tell you to read this book unless you are a HUGE fan, because you won't finish it if you aren't. I am so sad to say that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!