Free background from VintageMadeForYou

17 August 2019

Review: All the Flowers in Paris: A Novel

All the Flowers in Paris: A Novel All the Flowers in Paris: A Novel by Sarah Jio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved every page of this book, from the first word of the first sentence to the very last, I love this!

I am not going to spoil a thing, but the characters of Papa, Cecille and Cosi were just wonderful. We meet them during occupied Paris. Where life for many Parisians would be one of uncertainty and terror throughout the occupation. Some residents would choose to "bed" with the Germans in order to save their lives or those of their family, often with dire consequences. Some would hide in fear of the Germans and some would blatantly turn up their noses at the invaders. You are going to meet or learn about all these behaviors while reading this book. There is no sugar coating what the Germans did so be prepared for disgust too.

We also get to fast forward to 2009 to a character that gets her own drama because she has amnesia. This storyline would weave into the characters of the past and would prove equally as thrilling.

I read this book on a Friday night after a long week at work. I kept telling myself, "just one more chapter"....that lead into finishing the book and dreaming about it all night long.

I am not sure if this is my pick book of the year 2019 or the runner-up but I can tell you that it is well worth your time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!