Free background from VintageMadeForYou

14 April 2020

Michelle's Musings Reading Challenge




I have a few goals for 2020 that I would like to achieve, one is to get more people reading and less time on social media. I thought I would achieve that by doing a Reading Challenge.  I made it kind of simple because I am trying to encourage the non-reader to read, I am certain that the readers I knew will read without any encouragement, but feel free to play along too if you would like, the more the merrier.

The other way I am going to try to encourage reading is to pick my own book of the month.  I want to choose a book that I will read and invite you to join in with me.  When we finish we can discuss or simply mark it down on our challenge or reading journal as being complete.  We could have a lot of fun with this.

I am going to try to give you the book I will read a few days before the month so you can go about procuring the book BEFORE the month starts (I hate book clubs that wait until after it starts, what if it takes you more than 30 days to read the book?).  Anyway, here is my book for January.



I did choose the book for two reasons, #1 is that great cover!  I have no idea what this girl is running from but she already has me curious.  #2 is that the reviews I have read are wonderful!  We are supposed to get sucked into the characters and be very interested in what happens to them.  We are supposed to cry and one reader described it as living up to every expectation she had.

I hope it is as wonderful as it sounds.  We shall see.  I hope you read along.  Look around here for a blog post updating you on the books I pick and please let me know how your reading progresses. 

As for my reading challenge, this would for sure be a cover that I love.  Your challenge entry may be different, that is what is going to be so fun about us reading together.

Use this to mark your place.  I will do more bookmarks later (at various sizes)


update on my challenge as of 4/14/20



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun