Free background from VintageMadeForYou

22 May 2011

Mojo Monday 191 and CR84FN 29

This card was in answer to two website challenges.  I LOVE the color choices this week...love love love them.  Since they are some of my favorite colors, I chose one of my favorite songs to go with the card.  I chose the lyrics to "In my life".  If you are not familiar with the song, by all means please read the lyrics below:

There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more


And set to music, it is simply astounding.....wow! 
Anyway, back to what we were talking about.  The card....if you want my look here are some of the things you need:

Kraft and purple cardstock from open stock at Hobby Lobby
purple pen by Sharpie
green ink by Close to my Heart clover meadow
brown ink by Stampin UP!  chocolate chip
black ink by Stazon
pattern stripe paper by recollections ravenhood manor

the purple patterned paper was found in my scrap bin...and I found it originally in the scraps of some lady's while at a crop.

Leaf by me---I drew them on paper and cut them out...they are inked with the stazon black and the clover meadow green

flower by me---I hand cut each petal and stamped each petal in eggplant envy by Stampin UP!
then I layered the petals on top of each other in a flower fashion.  The middle of my flower was made by cutting out a swirl and rolling it up the "wrong" way ontop of itself.  


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Michelle! Love the layered flower and the distressed leaves! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, Michelle! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous song! What a lovely card!! Great interpretation of the lyrics :) Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous quote - and very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun