Free background from VintageMadeForYou

16 July 2011

My very own blending device

I love Tim Holtz...love love, but have to decide do I want the inks or the tools?  Duh, it's the inks.  However, I need the tools too.  I had to try and make the tools so that I can have more inks.

Today I have watched many youtube videos on making your own and thought about how I could do this.  I went to  Michael's to peruse the aisles to see how I could achieve this.

I found blocks for .99.   I was going to try and make mine multi-sided.  Why?  Because my space is limited and I need space savers. I felt like I could get 4 different ink colors on each cube.  We shall see.




I took foam taped and attached to all the areas that I will use for my stamping surface.

I cut felt to fit each side and BAM!!!  I have my very own version of the Tim Hotlz blending tool.
Because I don't intend on removing the felt for a long time, I labeled the cube with the stamp colors.  I like this idea...I do like Tim's better.  The handle feels so nice in your hand, but when you have to choose supplies over tools...well to me supplies always wins.  

Update:  I am still using these little blocks in 2020.   I still love them.  They have held up beautifully and still very functional.  Tim no longer makes the rectangle tool, he likes the circle tool.  With the release of the new ink, Speckled Egg, I have had to buy my first circle tool, as I am out of rectangle sponges.  I love the size of the circle tool, I have yet to test it, but as I stated before, I love the feel of the handle in your hands so I am sure I will love it.  I am very glad I made my own tools back in 2011 because it enabled me to get all the inks.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!