Free background from VintageMadeForYou

25 March 2012

The act of kindness

Luke 6:31...one of my favorite Bible verse of all time....

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.


I have been working very hard on this goal this year.   To appreciate those that do things for me and let them know that I do.  I have achieved this goal by making cards for the people that do things. I am not going to tell you who is going to receive this card, but I think they will love it.  

The person I made it for is one of those rare breeds these days.  She puts herself last in so many instances. I have seen her forgo her own comfort and utter exhaustion and keep pressuring on because there was a goal to be met.  Even though she was going to gain nothing for it, she pushed on.  I guess actually if you think about it she would reap the rewards one day.  This Christian lady will for sure have a home with Jesus one day. I can think of no better reward!!

I decided to use this card for this week's Mojo Monday.  I did like this sketch very much and it worked perfectly for me because I wanted to create a gate fold card.  


Materials used:
Wild Saffron by K&Co patterned paper
Brown paper and paper behind so kind stamp is from my scrap bin
So Kind Stamp by Stampin UP!  
Thread by DMC 
Brown flower made by Michelle's Musings (me)
Brown ink by Stampin UP! chocolate chip
Brown ribbon from Hobby Lobby (cut by the yard)
Ruffle ribbon bought at a vendor at CKC, it was white and I colored it using  Mustard Seed Distress Inks by Tim Holtz.  I used my ink blending tool and colored the ribbon as I do paper.  Then I set the color using spray mist. 
 Button by Making Memories


If you have not check out Mojo Monday at


card being opened


close up of my flower and stitched design




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Review: The Wildest Sun