Free background from VintageMadeForYou

18 March 2012

I can't stop this color combination!!!!!

I am getting obsessed with the pink, orange and yellow color combo.  These colors are PERFECT together!  Now that I am trying to appreciate the yellow more and I am diligently trying to use it in layouts....I actually am starting to like it A TAD....don't get all excited or anything.

Actually I was using all the scraps in my yellow, orange and pink file folders (the place where I store the scraps) and I could not help but make more cards with these colors.


The beading gives it something different.  I strung the beads.  These are beads that I have had for years.  A jar of mixed seed beads. I think they are going to last me forever!  I used a pattern to cut out the doily looking thingy.  I made the rosettes using a scorboard.  The pebble is from a vase that sits in my living room.  Inks are by Tim Holtz, Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries.



I cut out some of the black parts of the card so that you could see the pink in on the second page of the care.  I like that effect.  The thinking of you stamp is from Fiskars. 

With this card I was using a bunch of different styles of rosettes.  All three rosettes were stamped with Technique Tuesday stamps.  The words stamp is from Time Flies,  the 2 layered rosette features the houndstooth stamp and the large rosette features the harlequin stamp.  The One in a Million stamp is by Fiskars.  The inks used are Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries.  The black card stock is Bazzil.  All other papers came from my scrapbin. 


 Just for you features a small piece of a ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  It features an "ruffled" circle that I hand cut using a pattern I found on the internet.  Again I have used the Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick.

To get the watermarkd look, I spray water onto my hand and flick it onto the rosette.  I then dry it with a heat gun. 
I have used the same inks again and have added a black Ranger archival ink for the star on the rosette (that stamp is from Technique Tuesday).  The thinking of you stamp is by Fiskars.  I made the ruffle by scoring the strip on my scoreboard (and after I had inked it).  This ruffle is one of my favorites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!