Free background from VintageMadeForYou

25 March 2012

Handmade paper flowers


I found this pattern on the internet (I wish I could remember where, if you know please tell me).  I wanted to show you how I put together the flowers.
Start out first with a flower template. 
I printed the template on a sheet of regular paper.  I think put that template on top of 2 sheets of cardstock.  I cut out the template and the cardstock at the same time.  This way I would have 3 flowers when I finished.
Next I took my Tim Holtz's distress inks (in Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint, and
Worn Lipstick).  I may have done this step backwards but I wanted the edges to be inked that is why I inked it this way. It was more difficult I won't lie but I like the way the edges look.  I inked both sides of each flower.


After I inked the flowers, I dropped drops of water on the flowers, and then I scrunched up the petals into flower type shapes.  This is sort of time consuming but I think it is totally worth it.  
After I scrunched the petals I took the heat gun to the whole flower.  When it was completed I rolled the flower starting at the widest point.  When I got to the small point (center) I tucked the end around the flower and used hot glue to hold in place.

The purple one after scrunching


Here comes the rolling

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!